Monday, April 24, 2023

Darjeeling day 1

We decided to go to Darjeeling via Mirik from NJp. It was  new route for me. I visited Mirik after a long time. Few changes occured. Now they are changing Rs 20 for. Entry to Lake. They have planted flowers and made it a park. They made arrangements for boating in Lake and also horse riding. Previously there was no such thing. Only natural beauty.  I sat there on a bech by the side of Lake for sometime, i enjoyed it. Then we went towards Darjeeling. There were few view points, tea garden. lepcha jagat .Nepal border etc. Nothing much interesting. In the evening I entered Hotel Summit Grace hotel. I was ordinary hotel with standard facilities  In the evening I went to Mall road on foot. It was down hill and took 22 mins.During return the journey was uphill and I felt pain in back. I donot know if that was significant.

No comments: